I felt an air of awkwardness enveloping the two of us. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and nodded. It was a stupid thing. I am such an imbecile. Even these days, men frown at women who confess their love. But I think he is different, he smiled at me.
I then stared at him with great awe. My eyes were begging not to see any dark gaze from him.
"Please don't, er, freak out! I'm not asking anything for return. I just want to let you know how I feel and, er..."
I stammered at each word. I felt trapped in his deep penetrating eyes. My words were stumbling. My throat went dry. I was desperately grasping every thought, trying to make them sound more, er, feminine.
"You are funny. But seriously? I don't know how what to say. You caught me off guard."
He looked at the empty space and laughed. That sent me into total torment. What was he thinking? Am I going too far? I continued cursing myself until he took a step forward. That moment, butterflies started somersaulting inside me; doves began cooing at my ears. It was a wondrous feeling. It was a bizarre and surrealistic moment.
I got myself drunk in his fixed gazed. I was drowning in a completely unbelievable bliss. The urge of kissing him crawled on me just like any other mundane things in life do. He grinned, as if he was reading my thoughts.
I closed my eyes and took a step forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment