When people hear the word music, everybody gets excited. Everybody wants to share their own favourite choice of genres and singers. Everybody appreciates music. Only a few people are not music enthusiasts and unfortunately, I am one of those few. Before I started my internship at the Beat FM I had doubts in myself. I am afraid of everything that I will do there. I saw myself loading the wrong radio spots and songs. I just thought that I will mess everything up. I said to myself that I should just do the work to the best I can and well, try to enjoy my stay there.
My first time to load the radio spots and songs was a failure. I cannot do it all by myself, good thing there were people there who were willing to extend help. I was confused and overwhelmed by the large number of song choices Sammy has. Even the genres of song scheduled for the day sent me into a vortex of never ending disarray. It was difficult to choose the song and to load another song that sounds like the last beat of the latter. I had a hard time doing the “segues” because of my limited knowledge in music. Nevertheless, as each day passed I was gaining confidence in loading the songs. I was able to recognize the songs that should be played for the day and sort which ones are not needed. It was a totally different learning experience for me. It was also an eye-opener; it opened me to the beauty of music. It thought me to become versatile and open to different kinds of songs.
I would like to express my gratitude to our facilitator, Ma’am Marianne, for being so patient with us. Thank you for guiding us through the The Beat FM world. It is because of your and my classmates’ help why I managed to do the tasks more efficiently than I expected. I never thought that being in the station will mean two things—fun and learning. I know that I will be able to put such training in my future endeavour and with this I am in much gratitude for all the learnings and skill I got.
No comments:
Post a Comment